[Accessibility] Re:ATK implementation for complex content, particularly HTML (based on last night's meeting discussion)

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 30 06:28:33 PST 2006

Hi Everyone:

Thanks to those who attended last night.  I feel very optimistic about
our progress, and am delighted about our emerging consensus.

I attach my edited version of the "new-atk" document that was posted to
mozilla.org, in particular I added a third column detailing my
suggestions for how the HTML content would be exposed via ATK.  Andreas,
I did not have time to review your suggestions *yet* but certainly I
would expect we might fold some of them in.

In many cases my suggested examples look more verbose than the more
leftward columns, but I believe this is almost entirely due to my having
included a more detailed description; the number of nodes exposed
compares favorably with the other two proposed models.

Best regards,

Bill