[Accessibility] pdftk -- Making PDF Yet More Accessible

Marcus von Appen mva at sysfault.org
Tue May 2 10:26:25 PDT 2006

On, Tue May 02, 2006, Janina Sajka wrote:

> There's a new PDF tool reviewed at:
>
> http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/04/17/1943230
>
> Among the features of pdftk is the ability to fill out PDF forms from
> the command line.
>
> The above article also references a GUI front end to pdftk. I have no
> notion whether the particular gui tool is also accessible, but the fact
> that one can devise a graphical front end certainly suggests that one
> might also be able to make an accessible front end for pdftk.

According to the one, who wrote the frontend, a Pascal compiler named
'Lazarus'[0] is used. A quick look around that compiler turned out, that it
seems to use Gtk+ on Linux/Unix platforms. I have no idea, what it uses
on other platforms (I guess the Win32 UI and Cocoa, if I saw that
right).

[0] http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/

Regards
Marcus