[Accessibility] FSGA Teleconference Agenda, Wednesday 31 May

Janina Sajka janina at freestandards.org
Tue May 30 15:43:53 PDT 2006

Dear Colleagues:

At the special request of the Open Document Format Accessibility
Committee, we will host a one hour, high level conversation regarding
accessibility to graphics for persons with disabilities on our Free
Standards Group Accessibility (FSGA) teleconference tomorrow.

The agenda is attached. If you need the pass code for the conference,
please reply to me, and I will email the pass code to you.

We have invited various people to join this teleconference in order that
any outcomes might represent best available thinking on what needs to be
done to provide thorough and usable access to graphically rendered
information. ODF is most  immediately interested in  any SVG markup changes
the forthcoming ODF specifications should contain in support of
accessibility. In the longer term, of course, we would like to move
forward on all fronts, markup, developer tools, authoring and end user
applications, etc, for all persons with disabilities.

We know there is a need, and we believe there is now also the interest and
opportunity to move forward with SVG accessibility. In this
teleconference we'll attempt to learn who might do what to insure that
the things we can do today in the ODF (and W3C) specifications can be supported
appropriately by developer tools from the FSGA tomorrow, and then by the
applications that people can use to publish and consume graphical information content more accessibly.

--

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.240.715.1272

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to http://ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.