[Accessibility] October 11 FSG Accessibility minutes .

David Bolter david.bolter at utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 12 09:17:13 PDT 2006

Hi Bill, All,

Agreed!  Coincidentally a couple messages earlier in my inbox I received
an email detailing some resources some students here will be using for a
little project.  They are developing a firefox toolbar item to check
colour contrast etc.  I felt these links might be worth sharing here.
If this kind of thing is inappropriate for this list please let me know.

Color deficiency simulator:
http://www.visibone.com/colorblind/

another simulator:
http://www.vischeck.com/

Color perception paper:
http://www.4colorvision.com/files/colorcontrperf.htm#equations

Color tool:
http://www.colorfield.com/index.html

Example color contrast ratios:
http://juicystudio.com/services/coloursaferatio.php

Color blindness theory:
http://steve.hollasch.net/cgindex/color/color-blind.html

Study showing accessibility barriers:
(see Table 5 - all groups, except completly blind, identified poor color
contrast as a problem.)
http://www.drc-gb.org/PDF/2.pdf

Study showing algorithm can predict which colors people find readable:
http://www.aprompt.ca/WebPageColors.html

Color FAQ:
http://www.poynton.com/notes/colour_and_gamma/ColorFAQ.html

cheers,