[Accessibility] DAISY/A11y Participation in CDF WG

Doug Schepers schepers at w3.org
Thu Aug 2 12:32:25 PDT 2007

Hi-

Since Julien Quint became inactive in the Compound Document Formats
Working Group, we do not currently have an accessibility expert on the
group.  DAISY is still a member of the CDF WG, and we would very much
appreciate your contribution on this very important work.

We have recently published a set of specifications that address SVG as a
referenced object, and are currently starting work on mixed-namespace
documents.  There are many issues that could use the perspective of an
a11y expert in the design phase, rather than something bolted on afterward.

Participation in the WG would consist of a single 1.5-hour telcon per
week (details below), and review and contribution to the relevant documents.

  Compound Document WG Teleconference
  Monday 10:00am-11:30am US EDT (Boston)
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 2394 ("CDWG")
  There is a W3C IRC channel, "#cdf", associated with our meetings.

Thanks very much for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing
from you.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI