[g-a-devel] [Accessibility] Re: [Accessibility-atspi] D-Bus AT-SPI - The way forward

Steve Lee steve at fullmeasure.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 08:25:59 PST 2007

On 17/12/2007, Willie Walker <William.Walker at sun.com> wrote:
> o Look at the role of the event source.  Passing this along in the event
> would prevent a round trip.

Doesn't the EventDetails expansion cover this? It appears to be
optional if the toolkit supplies but potentially the infrastructure
could fill it in.

http://www.gnome.org/~billh/at-spi-idl/html/structAccessibility_1_1EventDetails.html

> o If Orca decides it needs to present something about the event source,
> we also typically look at the ancestry of the event source.  The main
> reason for this is to compare the ancestry of the current object with
> focus to the ancestry of the object that previously had focus so that
> Orca can present contextual changes in location.  I'm not sure sending a
> complete ancestry with every event would be desirable, though.

This must be a common requirement as you need to know if a change
furthet up the tree possibly effects your 'state'

--
Steve Lee