[Accessibility] logo has changed on the IA2 site

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Tue Jan 23 11:10:27 PST 2007

Pete,

See the note at the bottom of http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/About:

"The Linux Foundation (LF) is a non profit trade association being
formed through the merging of Open Development Labs, Inc. (OSDL) and the
Free Standards Group, Inc. (FSG).  The Boards of Directors of OSDL and the
FSG both unanimously approved the merger, which is now pending
ratification by the respective organizations' members.  The merger is
expected to be fully ratified, and the LF formally founded as
a legal entity, on or about February 2, 2007.  Prior to ratification,
OSDL and FSG will continue to exist as separate legal
entities, governed by their respective corporate charters and bylaws."

I understand that some of the members of the Accessibility workgroup
aren't happy with the new name. Please have them read this:

http://ianmurdock.com/?p=386

In other words, whether it's called the Free Standards Group or the
Linux Foundation, we still consider cross-platform work, especially the
kind of work the iAccessible2 group is doing, to be core to our
mission. I'm planning to join the Accessibility call tomorrow to talk
more about this, and I'd be happy to answer any questions then.

-ian

--
Ian Murdock
317-863-2590