[Accessibility] Charter Language RE Non-Linux Activity

Janina Sajka janina at a11y.org
Tue Mar 13 10:30:19 PDT 2007

We have the following language relating to some of our concerns in the
FSG/OSDL merger in the LF Charter. We can discuss this during our call
tomorrow.

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/LSB_Charter is the newly
approved LSB charter.  It concludes with the paragraph:

"Note that, while the LF is a Linux organization, LSB workgroups may
work on standards that have broader applicability than just Linux.
Even within the LSB context, this is considered in scope and
encouraged, as the more cross-platform LSB modules are, the less
Linux-specific work an ISV has to do to target the Linux platform,
the more cost effective it will be to do a Linux port, and the more
likely it is that that Linux port will be done."

We have been advised LF would also be willing to add
text to a page like <http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/
Collaboration> to mention that cross-OS functionality is explicitly
within the scope of certain workgroups, like accessibility.

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina at a11y.org

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina at a11y.org
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org