[Accessibility] Mission Statement Revision Draft #3

Janina Sajka janina at freestandards.org
Wed Mar 28 05:57:38 PDT 2007

Thanks, Kris.

I have two responses to your objection:

1.)	One possibility is to simply drop the "on behalf of pwds" phrase
entirely. The sentence would still read well. Perhaps we don't need a
pwd reference because we so thoroughly define who AT is for? On the
other hand, I wonder whether directly stating pwds is useful. There's
something I personally prefer in a direct statement over an indirect
statement--even such a full indirect statement as we otherwise have.

	I'm still thinking about whether direct vs. indirect matters vis
a vis our message. So, for now it's there so we can discuss and decide
on the call.

2.)	As I look at "on behalf of" this morning, I can readily agree
it's presumptive. If we do keep this clause, perhaps we might rather say
"in support of" instead.

Janina