[Accessibility] icon for OpenA11y.org

Pete Brunet brunet at us.ibm.com
Wed May 23 12:36:15 PDT 2007

Olaf, What I was referring to is that the most prominent text on the icon
is A11y.org.  I think it would be better to highlight both "open" and
"a11y" rather than just "a11y".  I don't know if we have the same
flexibility to also change the URL to include the word "open".

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, TL 678-4594, Fax: (512) 838-9666
Ionosphere: WS4G

Olaf Schmidt <ojschmidt at kde.org>
05/23/2007 11:48 AM

accessibility at lists.freestandards.org
cc
Jan Buchal <buchal at brailcom.org>, Pete Brunet/Austin/IBM at IBMUS,
accessibility-bounces at lists.freestandards.org
Subject
Re: [Accessibility] icon for OpenA11y.org

Hi!

Seems there was a misunderstanding here. No one suggested to drop the
"Open
Accessibility Group" name in the logo.

The only question is which domain name we should use as our main URL -
OpenA11y.org or A11y.org. For non-native speakers (such as myself), there
is
no real difference here, apart from the fact that a11y.org is shorter and
therefore easier to remember. And it works, and has been in use for a long

time now.

Olaf