[Accessibility] icon for OpenA11y.org
ojschmidt at kde.org
Wed May 23 13:03:25 PDT 2007
I see two approaches that make sense.
1. We have a11y.org in the logo and as our primary domain.
* We continue to use our established domain name. (We made the "A11y"
abbreviation popular by using it first.)
* We express through our domain name that we consider our work to be of
general importance for accessibility
* We have a short domain name that is easy to remember for everyone familiar
* Our domain name is less prone to typing errors than anything that
contains "accessibility" (both for native speakers and for non-native
* a11y.org looks strange for people not familiar with accessibility.
* Our name (Open Accessibility Group) would not directly correlate with our
primary domain name.
2. We only use "Open Accessibility" in the logo (no domain name)
* The logo becomes simpler
In both cases, we should register "openaccessibility.org" in addition
to "a11y.org" and "opena11y.org".
More information about the Accessibility