[Accessibility] icon for OpenA11y.org

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Wed May 23 13:03:25 PDT 2007

Hi!

I see two approaches that make sense.

1. We have a11y.org in the logo and as our primary domain.

Advantages:
* We continue to use our established domain name. (We made the "A11y"
abbreviation popular by using it first.)
* We express through our domain name that we consider our work to be of
general importance for accessibility
* We have a short domain name that is easy to remember for everyone familiar
with accessibility.
* Our domain name is less prone to typing errors than anything that
contains "accessibility" (both for native speakers and for non-native
speakers).

Disadvantages:
* a11y.org looks strange for people not familiar with accessibility.
* Our name (Open Accessibility Group) would not directly correlate with our
primary domain name.

2. We only use "Open Accessibility" in the logo (no domain name)

Advantages:
* The logo becomes simpler

In both cases, we should register "openaccessibility.org" in addition
to "a11y.org" and "opena11y.org".

Olaf