[Accessibility] Re: [Accessibility-atspi] Re: a11y API/ABI Testing

Gregory J. Rosmaita oedipus at hicom.net
Thu Nov 15 11:40:44 PST 2007

thank you george for your advice and suggestions -- i have tweaked the
page at:

www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/ATK/AT-SPI/Reference/Tests

to reflect the 3 categories you proposed -- for linking purposes, i
defined the following ID values for each category

Interface Tests (id="interface")
Object Tests (id="object")
Attribute Tests (id="object")

this can be kept as a single resource, or broken down further by
test type, but for the time being, i think there is utility in
having all the testing references in a single repository...

i haven't unset the NOTOC setting that automates a table of contents
from the page, and was thinking of simply adding a sentence to the
introductory material to the effect: "There are three categories of
tests: Interface Tests, Object Tests and Attribute Tests" (with the
listed categories acting as hyperlinks to provide a jump-to mechanism
for a user interested in a particular type of test.

actually, there needs to be 4 categories -- the fourth being
"Uncategorized"

david, shall i leave the actual categorization to you?  i think you
have well-developed ideas as to the shape the page should take, so
i'm more than willing to let you do the characterization and addition
of suggested resources, if that is ok with you...

thanks, gregory.
The more things are forbidden, the more popular they become.
                                               -- Mark Twain
Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus at hicom.net
     Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
        Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus