[Accessibility] Updated CSUn Proposal Draft

Janina Sajka janina at a11y.org
Fri Oct 12 10:17:58 PDT 2007

Thanks, Willie, for this suggestion. For some reason I did not see
Olaf's earlier message.

Olaf, I'm sorry I missed your earlier message this week. Frankly, I
thought our teleconference with Harald had allayed your concerns on this
point. You'll recall Bill asked Harald whether he would be willing to
move closer to AT-SPI near the end of that call, and Harald agreed that
would be no problem. Of course, the language we're discussing is
language we have all previously agreed to--it's taken verbatim from our
NSF proposal.

So, since I'm obviously wrong--yet not clear on who, or to what degree,
KDE is opposed to this consensus, but also considering that our group seems
otherwise happy with the language, I think the correct thing to do is to
drop the phrase "industry consensus" for now. As to toolkig neutrality,
I think the discussion on that point has amply demonstrated the point.

Janina