[Accessibility] Minutes updates

Pete Brunet brunet at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 16 15:52:24 PDT 2007

Hi Gregory, Here are some updates to the minutes...
>PB: found document interface in old version
I found it in the new version, i.e. the one at
http://www.gnome.org/~billh/at-spi-new-idl/html/html/  (The old one is at
http://www.gnome.org/~billh/at-spi-idl/html/ )
PB: another possible initiative is IAccessible hypertext -- gives access
to hyperlinks and subsections of body of text that are other than text
itself (wrapper, side-bars, navigation panels, etc.) -- needs to be done
cross-platform
I wasn't talking about another initiative but just pointing out there is a
similarity between the existing IAHypertext/IAHyperLink interfaces and a
possible solution for revisions of using IARevisions/IARevision where
those two possibly new interfaces would give you access to subsets of text
that contain overloaded information about revisions.  In the case of
IAHypertext/link you get access to info about links; in the case of
IARevisions/revision you would get info about revisions.
PB: Jing (sp?) Lee in Beijing -- doing crucial work on accessibility,
location, however, presents time-challange for coordination
It's Xing.

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 238-6967, Cell: (512) 689-4155
Ionosphere: WS4G