[Accessibility] Mentioning Open a11y in an article

Steve Lee steve at fullmeasure.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 12:05:34 PDT 2007

Thanks George, the reason for the article is to introduce Python
programmers to accessibility and it's focus *is* GNOME, pyatspi and
accerciser, as that is central to much of  the action. Plus pyatspi
and accerciser afford a chance for a simple practical introduction and
we can hope that GNOME application developers may be encouraged to
test and implement their a11y.

As we are aiming at platform interoperability and harmonization I do
think it is worth mentioning in passing what is happening on other
platforms as well as the standardisation nurturing of Open a11y. NVDA
is a *Python* AT that uses IAccessible2 on Windows so it gets a
mention.

I also mention the Linux test platforms for reasons of completeness
and in the hope of attracting more developers.

I do keep rather quiet on Microsoft UIA as AFAIK Python does not
figure much (except perhaps via IronPython) ;-)

Steve

--
Steve Lee