[Accessibility] FYI: Ars Technica on a Next Gen GTK

Janina Sajka janina at a11y.org
Mon Apr 14 08:30:02 PDT 2008

The following article will likely be of interest to many:

http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/reinventing-gtk.ars

It discusses proposals for a next generation GTK which would break API
and ABI compatibility with current GTK.

I would imagine such a move is inevitable at some time, whether in the
near term future or further out. Consequently, we in a11y might  also be
thinking of our shopping list in a next gen GTK. For instance, is there
anything that could be done to make it easier to support a11y in custom
widgets?

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina at a11y.org

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina at a11y.org
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org