[Accessibility] X-server moving part of its code into the kernel

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Apr 29 10:36:20 PDT 2008

Thanks, Michael. You may indeed be correct. Certainly you're more
qualified than I to say whether there's anything here we need totake up.

I did think it prudent to give our people the heads up, though. Perhaps
there are implications for magnification development here. And, I
suspect there's opportunity a bit beyond simply "more robust and
faster." For instance, I suspect we'd like magnifiers capable of
creating several panels made up of disjunct bits of the standard on
screen experience--something like magnify this and this other at 2X, but
take most of the screen for this other app at 8X. Am I wrong that we
aren't so able to do this now? Am I wrong that this development of
Keith's can take us there? Seemed to me a naturl result of being able to
launch multiple X sessions--and if I'm wrong, perhaps we can explore an
additional design RFE.

So, just my thought that we should consider the implications. I suspect
we'll quickly agree the implications are excellent. But, at the least
we'll want to be well poised to take advantage of them early. We lag in
magnification today.

Janina