[Accessibility] Accessible Linux Distribution

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Aug 29 09:04:33 PDT 2008

Hi Jeremy,

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 22:01 -0400, Jeremy Wright wrote:
> I was wondering if there are any Linux distributions that are
> specifically built with accessibility software installed and
> configured. I've read that Gnome includes Orca, so any distro running
> it will cover visual disabilities, but I'm looking for something that
> covers a wider range of disabilities right out of the box.

	There are lots of options. There is an audio walk-through of an
OpenSUSE 11.0's install here:

http://www.digitaldarragh.com/2008/08/03/NewAudioWalkThroughNowAvailableInstallOpenSuSE11IndependentlyWithAccessibilitySupport.aspx

	or better here:

http://www.digitaldarragh.com/linux/opensuse-installation-with-orca-walkthrough.mp3

	Of course; how bug free it all is when it gets running, remains to be
heard.

	HTH,

		Michael.