[Accessibility] draft minutes from 8 january 2008 Open A11y call (AT-SPI on D-Bus Roadmap)

Steve Lee steve at fullmeasure.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 01:45:20 PST 2008

Thanks Gregory, looks like a good meeting.

There's a section at the end that interested me and I can't work out
how it started (is something missing).

RT: create small window, set alpha channel to background (zero) if
draw to it, selection indicated;
PB: one alpha channel then?
JS: what about multiple on-screen panels?
RT: may be unforseen problems

I've just done that in Jambu, drawing SVG over Firefox's UI (with fall
back to a flashing X-ored rect if no alpha or compositing WM). One
possible problem is that the overlay window gets all mouse clicks (as
a temp hack I need to pass synthetic mouse clicks through to Firefox).
Another issue is tracking movement/resizing of the underlying window
and I've not addressed that.

Does anyone know a way to get X in GTK to pass mouse events through to
the window behind?

> JS: a lot of power in documents for that -- those with dyslexic/LD

That is a big user base, especially in education.

Steve

On 08/01/2008, Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69 at concentric.net> wrote:
> aloha, all!
>
> raw minutes from today's Open A11y Conference call are available at:
>
> http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes20080108
>
> as usual, corrections, mis-attributions, clarifications and other comments
> should be logged by replying-to this post...
>
> additionally, a preliminary agenda for the next Open A11y call, scheduled
> for 1900 UTC, tuesday, 15 january 2008, can be found at:
>
> http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20080115
>
> thank you to all who participated at today's meeting,
> gregory.
>
> --
> "He who lives on Hope, dies farting."
>   -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack
> --
> Gregory J. Rosmaita, unagi69 at concentric.net
> Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/

Steve Lee