[Accessibility] Objects contained in documents and tables

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Jan 23 01:24:13 PST 2008

Hi Mick,

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 23:19 +1100, Michael Curran wrote:
> However, accessibility APIs don't really have a particular protocol for
> communicating with documents.

	I'm gagging for a Document API such as you outline, in order to avoid
(once and for all) having to expose the entire (potentially infinite)
DOM to the AT, and allow far more effective & accurate client-side
caching of the entire accessible tree :-)

> As I am only representing myself here, I am not sure about what other
> ATs' needs really are, or whether these issues even effect them.
> However, I at least think it would be healthy to review all this stuff
> together, and share tips and ideas, and see if we can make things easier
> for ATs and app developers, on more than just one specific platform.

	Yep; particularly infrastructurally this sounds extremely interesting
to me.

	HTH,

		Michael.