[Accessibility] Updated information on UIA Linux work

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Jan 24 13:43:51 PST 2008

Hi Pete,

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 15:27 -0600, Pete Brunet wrote:
>     Phase 2 - Q4 2009 - UIA Client and Moonlight integration
>         * The UIA Client will be implemented using AT-SPI as the IPC.
>         * The AT-SPI/UIA bridge will be completed and UIA based ATs
> will be able to provide support for all ATK enabled apps.

	Sure, and as becomes clear as you read the expanded version in the
pretty tables lower down the page:

> Please describe the UIA client that will be implemented.  Since there
> are no UIA ATs why is a UIA to AT-SPI bridge in the plan?  Or is it
> for test tools, e.g. further down the page

	This means "UIA client APIs" :-) having said that, it's likely we'll
create some trivial test/demo AT to exercise the stack, if no-one else
has created such a thing already.

> >    Create open source suite of automation tools based on UIA
> >
> By that do you mean that there is a plan to enable the porting of UIA
> based test tools to Linux and those tools would be used to access
> Linux apps via the UIA to AT-SPI bridge ?  If that interpretation is
> correct, what tools are being considered for porting?

	No idea where you get the porting idea from :-) it reads to me like
Calvin wants to create a set of automated testing tools for the API
we're creating - clearly that'll help improve quality both of our impl.
and the rest of the stack too.

	HTH,

		Michael.