[Accessibility] Tests, Documentation, ADoc and other ATK/AT-SPI web issues

Gregory J. Rosmaita unagi69 at concentric.net
Tue Jan 29 10:44:41 PST 2008

aloha, all!

first of all, thanks, WillieW, for passing on the information about the
orca team's tests -- i added it to:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/ATK/AT-SPI/Reference/Tests

that resource, and the ADocs:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/ATK/AT-SPI/Specs/Draft

about which there has been some recent traffic on the a11y lists, are in
search of owners, or at least contributors (DavidB, were you going to
maintain the wiki test index?) -- the wiki page for each ADoc contains
details about what needs to be added and/or reviewed and/or updated

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessible/ATK/AT-SPI/Specs/Draft/ADOC_ATSPI
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessible/ATK/AT-SPI/Specs/Draft/ADOC_ATK

which also link to the latest public drafts of the ADocs, featuring the
new "Recommendations for Developers" template/look-and-feel -- comments on
additions to and criticism of the proposed template is quite welcome:

http://accessibility.linux-foundation.org/a11yspecs/atspi/adoc/

there is already a wiki resource pertaining to Open A11y drafts, and
specification/document guidelines:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Specs

and -- last, but far from least -- comments on the ATK/AT-SPI web presence
on the LF wiki, detailed in:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes20080129#Topic_2:_ATK.2FAT-SPI_Subsite_Update

are also welcome -- i doubt that we will have the opportunity to discuss
the issues listed in the Minutes as "Topic 2" at the actual meeting, so a
review of the resources described in that section of the minutes via email
would be greatly appreciated -- probably on the accessibility-atspi list,
or via the "Discussion" pages for each wiki page, or by emailing me
directly at both: oedipus at hicom.net and unagi69 at concentric.net

thank you,
gregory.
The optimist thinks that this is the best of all
possible worlds; the pessimist knows it is.
Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus at hicom.net
   Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus