[Accessibility] Controlling Linux with breathing tools

Janina Sajka janina at a11y.org
Fri Mar 7 16:13:44 PST 2008

I think this is covered pretty well in the Gnome Onscreen Keyboard
(gok):

http://gok.ca
Gok is frequently used in conjunction with dasher. The Gok maintainer,
David Bolter:

David Bolter <david.bolter at utoronto.ca>

can provide more specifics.

Basically, Gok creates smart on screen displays based on context aware
available options. It can be driven by any number of alternative input
devices, including sip and puff (breathing) switches.

You can simulate gok by not using the ball of a USB mouse. To really
make sure, one might rip the ball out and use only the clickers. So, any
device that can provide a click event could do the same. That's the
principle behind gok.

hth

Janina

ple