[Accessibility] Fall/Spring time change

Gregory J. Rosmaita oedipus at hicom.net
Wed Oct 8 11:17:41 PDT 2008

aloha, pete!

i use the fixed meeting planner at:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

to provide a link (which i tweak every time i put up an agenda for Open
A11y or the Expert Handlers group) which allows individuals to quickly
ascertain what the date/time information is for that individual's location;
refer, for example to the hyperlink "find your time zone using the Fixed
Time Clock" on:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20081014

in the past, we have switched the meeting times for the Open A11y WG
and expert handlers calls from 1800h UTC during daylight savings time
in north america, to 1900h UTC during non-daylight savings time -- since
there is such overlap in when different localities switch daylight
savings time, this is the best convention/compromise we've been able to
come up with so far...

hope this helps -- if you need more info or assistance, just give me a
shout...

             A busy man complained one day:
        "I get no time!" "What's that you say?"
           Cried out his friend, a lazy quiz;
         "You have, sir, all the time there is.
     There's plenty, too, and don't you doubt it--
          We're never for an hour without it."

       -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus at hicom.net
Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus