[Accessibility] Proposal to include ISimpleDOMNode,

Janina Sajka janina at a11y.org
Thu Oct 9 10:58:24 PDT 2008

I'm taking the liberty of forwarding Aaron's email to the main Open A11y
list, because I think it important that we engage all our communities of
interest, including especially the Linux/Unix people, in this
conversation. I think there's general agreement in both the Expert
Handlers group and the IAccessible2 group, that an appropriate expert
handler should involve a common architectural approach. Perhaps the
solution propounded from Expert Handlers is not precisely what we need,
but it seems something like it might be. I believe Aaron's point below
is well taken--we are indeed exclusively speaking of XML.

So, in order to continue the conversation with the wider Open A11y
community, I'm forwarding this email. There's additional email history
on this thread in the IAccessible2 email list beginning at:

https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-ia2/2008-September/000593.html

the Unified Use Cases document and recent discussion in the Expert
Handler SIG will also be of interest:

http://a11y.org/handlers

Lastly, please note that several participants have requested we not wait
three weeks to continue teleconference discussion on this topic. So, in
consideration of our early morning participants from Australia, we will
NOT use the Open A11y call next Tuesday. Rather, everyone is invited to
continue this discussion in the IAccessible2 teleconference this coming
Tuesday at 4 PM U.S. Eastern time, 18:00 UTC.  Additional information
for this teleconference will be forthcoming as Tuesday approaches.

Janina