[Accessibility] Fw: Trolltech Agreement Assignment and Repackaging Offer

Pete Brunet brunet at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 10 14:08:07 PDT 2008

----- Forwarded by Pete Brunet/Austin/IBM on 09/10/2008 04:07 PM -----

Trolltech <no-reply at trolltech.com>
09/10/2008 02:27 PM

Pete Brunet/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
cc

Subject
Trolltech Agreement Assignment and Repackaging Offer

Dear Customer:

I would like to take this opportunity to update you on the progress of the
Nokia acquisition of Trolltech and to provide you with information
regarding some exciting product changes and special offers.

--- Acquisition and Business Transfer ---
As you are most likely aware, Trolltech ASA, on behalf of itself and its
affiliates, (Trolltech) has entered into an asset purchase agreement with
Nokia Corporation (Nokia) to sell substantially all of the assets of
Trolltech (the Acquisition).  We are excited about the prospect of joining
forces with Nokia and continuing the relationship with you following the
completion of the Acquisition.

In order to continue our relationship following the Acquisition, it is
necessary to assign the licensing and other related agreements
(Agreements) from Trolltech to Nokia or the relevant Nokia affiliate.  The
purpose of this notification is to inform you of the assignment of our
Agreements.

Any existing agreements between you and Trolltech, Inc. will be assigned
to Nokia, Inc. under the same terms and conditions as are contained in the
Agreements between you and Trolltech, Inc.  Any existing agreements
between you and Trolltech ASA will be assigned to Nokia Corporation under
the same terms and conditions as are contained in the Agreements between
you and Trolltech ASA.  The assignment of all Agreements shall be
effective September 27, 2008.

As of September 27, 2008, all rights, obligations, title and interest in
and to the Agreements shall belong to the relevant Nokia entity (as
described above) and Trolltech ASA and/or Trolltech, Inc. shall be
released of all its rights and obligations under the Agreements.

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the assignment of the
Agreements, please contact Cristy Hamley at cristina.hamley at nokia.com.

--- Improved Bundling and Packaging of Qt and a Special Offer ---
On September 27, 2008, in connection with the business transfer to Nokia,
we will be introducing a simpler packaging and new price structure for all
products.

The key objective with the repackaging of our products is to meet the
increased demands for cross-platform development, as well as simplify and
adjust the pricing accordingly.  In line with this, we will also introduce
a new product bundle, Qt - All OS, that contains all platforms (Microsoft
Windows®, MacOS®, X11, embedded Linux® and Windows CE).