[Accessibility] Open Accessibility Workgroup Telecon Minutes 2009-12-01 [draft]

Gregory J. Rosmaita oedipus at hicom.net
Tue Dec 1 09:16:16 PST 2009


aloha!

minutes from the 1 December 2009 Open Accessibility Workgroup 
teleconference are available as hypertext at:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes20091201

and as plain text following my signature.

as usual, please log any errors, omissions, clarifications and the 
like by replying-to this announcement on-list.

note that the following RESOLUTIONS were reached at the 1 December 2009 
teleconference:

   1. RESOLVED: JS will circulate proposal soliciting new nominations 
      while re-nominating JS and GJR for a 2 year extension of their 
      individual offices with a notice that the election will be held at 
      the 8 December 2009 Open Accessibility teleconference.

   2. RESOLVED: Open Accessibility will meet on 8 December 2009 and 15 
      December 2009; there will be NO meeting on 22 December 2009 or 29 
      December 2009; the first meeting of 2010 will be held on 4 January 
      2010.

thanks to all who participated and to all who have been putting so much 
work and effort into the D-Bus port, gregory.

    _________________________________________________________________

Open A11y Workgroup Conference Call (1 December 2009)

PRELIMINARY ITEMS

Participants

    * Janina Sajka (JS/chair) 
         + Mike Gorse (MG) 
         + Gregory J. Rosmaita (GJR/scribe) 
         + Brad Taylor (BT) 
         + Willie Walker (WW) 
              o regrets: none logged

    _________________________________________________________________

For Reference

* Agenda for the 17 November 2009 Open A11y Call 
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20091201

* Minutes from the 10 November 2009 Open A11y Call 
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes20091110

* Minutes from the 3 November 2009 Open A11y Call 
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes20091103

    _________________________________________________________________

Open Action Items

    * ACTION - Mike Gorse: update the AT-SPI on D-Bus wiki page 
      (http://a11y.org/d-bus) with information about the development 
      release of AT-SPI2 0.1.2 and development release of AT-SPI2 0.1.3 
         + status: in progress; MikeG will communicate directly with GJR 
           if he encounters any difficulty with updating the AT-SPI on 
           D-Bus wiki page

    * ACTION - GJR: work with Linux Foundation IT team to fix problems 
      with new content management system 
         + status: in progress; all links off of http://a11y.org/ should 
           now lead to the correct destination, and the information 
           should be current; systemic problems still being addressed 
           with Linux Foundation staff

    _________________________________________________________________

Announcements & News

AT-SPI2 0.1.3 Available for Download

  AT-SPI2 is a D-Bus based accessibility framework. It defines a D-Bus 
  protocol for providing and accessing application accessibility 
  information. The project includes a library for bridging the D-Bus 
  protocol to the ATK API, allowing Gtk based applications to be made 
  accessible. It also contains a client (AT) side library in Python.

  AT-SPI2, version 0.1.3 is available for download at: 
    * http://download.gnome.org/sources/pyatspi/0.1/ 
    * http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-core/0.1/ 
    * http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-atk/0.1/

AT-SPI2 0.1.3 Release Notes

  This is a development release of AT-SPI2, it has some unfinished 
  features.

  A list of work required before a full release can be found at:

  http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BonoboDeprecation

  For more information about the release of AT-SPI2 0.1.3, please 
  consult the accessibility at lists.linuxfoundation.org archive. 
    _________________________________________________________________

MEETING MINUTES

  NOTE: These minutes have not yet been finalized.

Topic 1: AT-SPI on D-Bus Port: Progress and Issues

    * AT-SPI on D-Bus Port wiki page last updated 30 October 2009 by 
      Mike Gorse 
         + MikeG is maintaining the AT-SPI on D-Bus Port wiki page, and 
           will add info about AT-SPI2 development releases to the D-Bus 
           wiki page

Discussion of Topic 1: D-Bus Port Update

  WW: MarkD and I talked in IRC yesterday -- Mark made great 
  breakthrough on re-entry problem, which should now be fixed -- this is 
  GREAT news, but it has put us a bit behind schedule; should review 
  other work items that need to be done -- MarkD is working on 
  outstanding items, but since we are a bit behind schedule due to the 
  re-entry work I was wondering if there is any way that Novell could do 
  some additional work?

  MG: what remains to be done?

  WW: bridge implementation of leased objects for vewry large containers 
  -- large container problem -- MarkD working on accessibility daemon 
  for GNOME -- no need for help there;

  WW: leased objects - large container problem; another: collections API

  MG: started working on Collections API

  MG: for leased objects, still testing code

  WW: Collections API and infinite space problem are 2 most outstanding 
  issues on which MarkD could use help to accelarate our work -- about 4 
  weeks behind

  BT: deadlines?

  WW: 2.29.5 will be a big milestone release -- release date is 11 
  January 2010

  BT: will coordinate with Mike and Mark

  WW: good milestone release; need to keep plugging away

Topic 2: Open A11y Executive Elections: Membership, Good Standing, 
Eligibility and Timeline

  Resources: 
    * Open Accessibility Executive Officers (http://a11y.org/officers) 
    * Open Accessibility Membership Roll (http://a11y.org/a11y-wg)

Discussion of Open A11y Executive Elections

  JS: GJR and I are willing to stand for another 2 year term if the 
  group will have us

  JS: if no objections, i propose to put out an announcement to the 
  accessibility list, and the accessibility-ia2 list, lists soliciting 
  nominations (if any) on list, and for the workgroup to vote at the 8 
  December 2009 meeting

  RESOLVED: JS will circulate proposal soliciting new nominations while 
  re-nominating JS and GJR for a 2 year extension of their individual 
  offices with a notice that the election will be held at the 8 December 
  2009 Open Accessibility teleconference.

  ACTION: JS circulate election message/timeline to lists (accessibility 
  and accessible-ia2) 
    _________________________________________________________________

New Business

Identify Topics & Dates for Teleconference for the Remainder of 2009

  JS: end of the year meetings -- availability?

  RESOLVED: Open Accessibility will meet on 8 December 2009 and 15 
  December 2009; there will be NO meeting on 22 December 2009 or 29 
  December 2009; the first meeting of 2010 will be held on 4 January 
  2010.

Wrap Up

Summary of New Action Items

    * ACTION: JS - circulate election message/timeline to lists 
      (accessibility and accessible-ia2)

Summary of Continued Action Items

    * ACTION - Mike Gorse: update the AT-SPI on D-Bus wiki page 
      (http://a11y.org/d-bus) with information about the development 
      release of AT-SPI2 0.1.2 and development release of AT-SPI2 0.1.3 
         + status: in progress; MikeG will communicate directly with GJR 
           if he encounters any difficulty with updating the AT-SPI on 
           D-Bus wiki page

    * ACTION - GJR: work with Linux Foundation IT team to fix problems 
      with new content management system 
         + status: in progress; all links off of http://a11y.org/ should 
           now lead to the correct destination, and the information 
           should be current; systemic problems still being addressed 
           with Linux Foundation staff

Summary of Resolutions

   1. RESOLVED: JS will circulate proposal soliciting new nominations 
      while re-nominating JS and GJR for a 2 year extension of their 
      individual offices with a notice that the election will be held at 
      the 8 December 2009 Open Accessibility teleconference.

   2. RESOLVED: Open Accessibility will meet on 8 December 2009 and 15 
      December 2009; there will be NO meeting on 22 December 2009 or 29 
      December 2009; the first meeting of 2010 will be held on 4 January 
      2010.

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20091208 
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20091215 
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20100104

    * meeting adjourned 1625h UTC 
    * next Open A11y conference call: 2009-12-08 
    _________________________________________________________________

  Retrieved from 
  "http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes2009120 
1" 
 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/accessibility/attachments/20091201/4bf8a9c7/attachment.htm 


More information about the Accessibility mailing list