[Accessibility] why not a magazine on linux free???

Mohan gupta mohangupta13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 08:44:32 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

I am a computer science UG student at NIT Jalandhar,INDIA. Well i just
needed your help to spread Linux and open source here in India.
I was thinking if Linux is free then why a magazine which talks about Linux
costs about $2.5. How here in India or other such countries where about 20%
of the population lives on less than $1 a day can afford that.
How about a magazine which has contents from the creators of linux itself
and which is free ( say a few pennies just to prevent the wastage say $0.10
).

What i was planing is to have a non-profit magazine which will initially be
launched with few pages (say 30) and in colleges first, it will have
articles written by the open source community (specially Linux), which can
support itself by advertisements .

How do you feel about the idea please let me know and then i can share the
detailed plans.

hope to hear from you soon!

Mohan Gupta
NIT Jalandhar