[Accessibility] Hitting the GNOME 2.29.2 target for AT-SPI/D-Bus
William.Walker at Sun.COM
Tue Oct 20 11:02:58 PDT 2009
Nice discussion today. Here's a follow up on the discussion we had to
hit the 2.29.2 goal listed in http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyseven
(Nov 16): "GNOME 2.29.2 - New a11y infrastructure must be in place. If
there will be regressions we define them now and clearly announce them
in advance for 3.0."
** Push to GNOME git - move the current code to the GNOME git
repository. This probably should be done first so we can all check in
code changes much more easily. (Mark)
* GNOME Build Integration: need to make sure the GNOME release builds.
It's OK to have the old and new at-spi listed as dependencies for now.
FredP says he will help as soon as we can get him a pointer.
* Reentrancy fix needs to get checked in. (Mark has this ready to go in
his personal git branch)
* AT-SPI/CORBA scaffolding -- need to get the pyatspi.pth and GTK_PATH
*.desktop stuff in place and a new gconf schema for the
/desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-corba (or whatever we call it) setting.
(Willie will work with Li on this)
* L10n - need to migrate whatever i18n stuff there is in the old to the
new stuff (e.g., localized role names). (Willie)
* Schema duplication issue -- both the old and new use the
/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility key. The new should ship a
schema for this. Don't know if there is an issue with duplication. (Willie)
* Disable CSPI build in the new stuff. It doesn't work and it also
conflicts with the old stuff. (Mark)
* Rename at-spi-registryd in the new stuff to at-spi2-registryd. (Mark)
* Move the D-Bus xml files to the new standard location. (Mark)
* Move dbind/droute from core to atk and make it statically linked.
This eliminates the need for extra stuff on the install. (Mark)
* Bug crawl for various stuff (e.g., clients automatically reconnect to
registryd if it restarts). (All)
Did I miss anything?
More information about the Accessibility