[Accessibility] 03/30 Open A11y meeting minutes

Peter Korn peter.korn at oracle.com
Mon Apr 12 13:57:12 PDT 2010

Pete,

Real-time-text does not refer to human-speech-to-ASCII/UNICODE-text.
Rather, it refers to two people communicating via text, each typically
entering text from some flavor of keyboard, with their keystrokes being
transmitted "in real time" as they are entered.  Rather than only being
transmitted after pressing a SEND key equivalent (e.g. <CR>).  This is
seen as particularly important for E911 services, where someone might
not be in a position to say everything and then press SEND.

You could certainly hook up a dictation system to this, but that would
be an additional layer on top of the ANPRM RTT requirement, not a part
of it.  At least as I understand the ANPRM.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Principal
Oracle