[Accessibility] Secondary Carets needed?

Pete Brunet pete at a11ysoft.com
Thu Feb 18 16:20:54 PST 2010

Hi Brian, I think we still only need one caret.  With key board
selection there is only one caret location, i.e. where new text will be
inserted.  With a multi-touch device the system software could define
the selection and set the caret at one end or the other.  (There might
be justifications for setting it on the left, e.g. if you touched first
on the right end.)

The UI ergonomics might be hard, i.e. the ability to accurately position
the caret, but it seems possible.

Ignoring that, the gesture might be a touch followed by a slide or a
touch followed by a second touch while the first touch is still "pressed".

Pete
--
*Pete Brunet*

a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
(512) 238-6967 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
Skype: pete.brunet
IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), ptbrunet at live.com (MSN)
http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/
Ionosphere: WS4G