[Accessibility] Question re support for HTML 5 in AT-SPI and IA2

Pete Brunet pete at a11ysoft.com
Tue Aug 2 09:22:01 PDT 2011

Hi Janina, There should be keyboard equivalents to the drag and drop
features so perhaps it's a non-issue.  Regarding keyboard access,
usually the equivalent function can be done via copy and paste.  One
case where drag/drop equivalency has been missing is inserting the
pasted object at a certain position in a list.  In this case when
activating paste a list should be provided and given focus to allow the
keyboard user to select an insertion point.  There should be a
convention regarding if the new object will go before or after the
object selected from the list.

I am cc'ing the IA2 list in case there are members there who are not on
the upper level accessibility list.

Pete
--
*Pete Brunet*

a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
(512) 467-4706 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
Skype: pete.brunet
IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), ptbrunet at live.com (MSN)
http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/
Ionosphere: WS4G