[Accessibility] Open A11y Teleconference, Tuesday 8 March at 16:00Z

Peter Korn peter.korn at oracle.com
Mon Mar 7 15:19:07 PST 2011

Hi Janina, gang,

I'm not sure I will be able to attend the call tomorrow, but I wanted to
share some potential text for the ISO document.  I see from at least the
.odt link below that the document doesn't include text for the various
definitions in chapter 2 yet.  As I'm the editor of TR13066-6 (the Java
Accessibility API), and have some term overlap with this document, I
wanted to share my proposed definitions of several common terms, to see
if we could both use the same agreed definitions.

For CORBA, D-Bus, and GNOME, my proposed definitions are:

    *Common Object Request Broker Architecture*

    (*CORBA)*

    an inter-process communication standard defined by the Object
    Management Group that enables software components to communicate
    with each other across processes, address spaces, and even computers
    , in an object-to-object fashion

    *D-Bus*

    an inter-process communication technology developed by
    freedesktop.org that is the de facto standard of Linux / UNIX
    graphical environments

    *GNOME*

    formerly an acronym meaning "GNU Network Object Model Environment",
    it is both a common and accessible graphical desktop for Linux /
    UNIX graphical environments, as well as an open source project
    delivering a collection of software libraries and applications

Regards,

Peter

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>