[Accessibility] minutes Open A11y call 2011-03-08 [draft]

Peter Korn peter.korn at oracle.com
Tue Mar 8 12:21:17 PST 2011

Gregory,

Some correction to the minutes.  In Topic 3:

    * /*PK:* might be interesting to review section around events and
      notifications; also section on telecommunications probably of
      interest to JS -- congress directed FCC to do this for
      interconnected and non-interconnected VOIP --
      freeswitch.rednote.net would thus have to pay -- general question
      about free software services and laws/regulations made by sole
      monopoly AT&T /

      should be:

    * *PK:* might be interesting to review section around events and
      notifications; also section on telecommunications *relay fund*
      probably of interest to JS -- congress directed FCC to *have this
      cover* interconnected and non-interconnected VOIP --
      freeswitch.rednote.net would thus *potentially* have to pay *into
      this fund *-- general question about free software services *as
      these *laws/regulations *were *made *years ago, when the only
      telco was *monopoly AT&T

    * /*PK:* will asterisk need to support that? acquires audio portion
      of SIP connection /

      should be:

    * *PK:* will asterisk need to support that? *requires *audio portion
      of SIP connection

    * /*PK:* advanced communications: propose covers not just SMS, IRC
      but also email, arguing every app should be accessible ,so when
      buying phone that does SMS or email, needs to have built-in AT;
      but if on desktop, what does "built-in" mean? whole model of
      desktop integration not understood by politicians when law drafted /

      should be:

    * *PK:* advanced communications: *NPRM appears to see this term
      *cover*ing* not just SMS, *IM *but also email, *and by the law,
      every advanced communication *app should be accessible, so when
      buying phone that does SMS or email, *it should potentially *have
      built-in AT; but if on desktop, what does "built-in" mean? *our
      *model of desktop *accessibility: platform, app, accessibility
      framework, and AT* not *encompassed *by law *when *drafted

Regards,

Peter