[agl-discussions] OS/Common Libs Recipe Development

Kengo Ibe kengo.ibe at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Sep 3 12:21:38 UTC 2015

 Hi Tanikawa-san, Jonathan-san,

I apologize for my delay to adding the 10 packages.

Janathan-san, Tadano-san, and I discussed about OS and Common Libs in
the e-mail.
And, we are thinking that these should be added to
"packagegroup-agl-core-os-commonlibs.bb".

============from our mail============
If I understand that linked E-mail correctly, you intend to add 10
packages to the packagegroup "packagegroup-ivi-common-os-commonlibs.bb".
Searching for those files by name, it looks like all those packages
exist in poky.

It is my understanding that the layer meta-ivi-common is meant for
packages that are ivi-specific, but ought to be common in all IVI
distributions.

I would suggest that they fit better in the packagegroup
"packagegroup-agl-core-os-commonlibs.bb" found at
'./meta-agl/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-agl-core-os-commonlibs.bb'
Also, I would prefer if these patches were submitted via the gerrit
(gerrit.automotivelinux.org), though if that proves difficult, I will be
happy to review those patches over E-mail.

Could you please tell me advice about which is better
"packagegroup-agl-core-os-commonlibs.bb” or
"packagegroup-ivi-common-os-commonlibs.bb”?
And, please share a policy of packagegroups, if you have.

By the way, I confirmed that the above two cases can build with the 10
packages by bitbake, correctly.

Best regards,
ibe