[agl-discussions] AGL image stability, stress and functionality tests proposal

Streif, Rudolf rstreif at jaguarlandrover.com
Tue Sep 15 19:26:58 UTC 2015

Hi Jens,

> I think we should go forward with the testing topic.
>
> It is a good point in time to establish a testing process that includes

I agree.

> -          Definition of test cases (a proposal was sent by me to the
> list a week ago; no veto)

I responded to it in the other email trail that had your documents
attached. I think it's a good start, let's build on it.

> -          Tagging the branches (Paul Sherwood for example uses this kind
> of tags: 0.2015.33, so maybe we can use 0.2015.38)

I don't recall what all the numbering stands for:

   - 0: is that a version?
   - 2015: year (ok)
   - 33/38: I suppose that's the week of the year

-          Building and testing according to the test spec

Yes, need to figure out how to test. I suppose automated testing tools.
What are your suggestions?

> -          Creating test report
>
> o   And in addition: create Jira tickets for failed tests
>
> Yes, to both. Ideally, most of it is automated and automatically
published. That of course opens the tools discussion. What does the team
think about the tools? What are you currently using?

> My suggestion is that I can do the building, testing, test report creation
> and Jira-ticket creation to have a start.
>

> We need to have a testing process installed when we are targeting to an
> AGL release…

Let's move on it.

:rjs