[agl-discussions] [RFC] Systemd or not systemd - closing date Sept 25 2015

Streif, Rudolf rstreif at jaguarlandrover.com
Wed Sep 16 15:23:58 UTC 2015

I don't think this is a discussion point anymore. If one wasn't convinced
about systemd then please review Alison Chaiken's presentation at the AGL
AMM last week. systemd has so many advantages over sysvinit in particular
for embedded systems that it is almost a no-brainer.

+1 from me. I wouldn't design and use a system without systemd (and it's a
requirement for GENIVI compliance too).

+1 also to use journald, which integrates well with systemd, over syslog.

:rjs

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Paul Sherwood <
paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all
> Various community members strongly believe systemd should be included in
> AGL.
>
> Tanikawa-san will post a patch for this next week.
>
> We request formal comments in reply to this email. A decision will be
> taken to include/exclude based on this discussion.
>
> br
> Paul

*Rudolf J Streif*
System Architect - Open Source Initiative
Open Source Technology Centre

*M:* +1.619.631.5383
*Email:*  rstreif at jaguarlandrover.com

UK: G/26/2 G02 Building 523, Engineering Centre, Gaydon, Warwick, CV35 ORR
US: 1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
jjaguar.com | landrover.com
-------------------
Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered in England No: 1672070

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose.  The information is private and privileged
and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail us immediately.  We
apologise for any inconvenience caused but you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.