[agl-discussions] AGL image stability, stress and functionality tests proposal

qiaonuohan qiaonuohan at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Sep 17 03:16:50 UTC 2015

Hi Jens, Rudolf,

On 09/16/2015 03:26 AM, Streif, Rudolf wrote:
> Hi Jens,
>
>     __
>
>     I think we should go forward with the testing topic.____
>
>     It is a good point in time to establish a testing process that includes
>

> I agree.
>
>     ____
>
>     __-__Definition of test cases (a proposal was sent by me to the list a week ago; no veto)
>
> I responded to it in the other email trail that had your documents attached. I think it's a good start, let's build on it.
>
>     ____
>
>     __-__Tagging the branches (Paul Sherwood for example uses this kind of tags: 0.2015.33, so maybe we can use 0.2015.38)
>
> I don't recall what all the numbering stands for:
>
>   * 0: is that a version?
>   * 2015: year (ok)
>   * 33/38: I suppose that's the week of the year
>
>     -__Building and testing according to the test spec
>
> Yes, need to figure out how to test. I suppose automated testing tools. What are your suggestions?

LTSI Test Project, Jenkins-based Test Automation or JTA, is suggested here.

We have done many tests by using JTA. It works well and it will offer a lot of help to
AGL. With the help of LTSI, I think the quality is guarantied.

OTOH, we have got many internal test cases based on JTA, it will be easier to be shared
to AGL by using JTA.

According to the mail started this thread, Jens is trying to get some test on stress. We
also want to add some tests. Fortunately, JTA has involved these tests. That's another
reason we prefer choosing JTA.

 Functional.aiostress    stress test for aio
 Functional.rmaptest     stress from a big amount of VMA map
 Functional.stress       stress from cpu, memory, IO
 Functional.pi_tests     stress test for priority mutex

--
Regards
Qiao Nuohan