[agl-discussions] proposal for using LTSI test tool(based on Jenkins)

qiaonuohan qiaonuohan at cn.fujitsu.com
Tue Sep 22 07:37:33 UTC 2015

Hello AGL people,

After checking some mails[1] in mail list, I find it is time to build test
framework. We fujitsu ten suggests using LTSI test tool(also known as JTA).

JTA is wildly used with many cases focusing on LTSI. Since AGL uses LTSI as
its kernel, why not choose JTA when we want to get kernel tested, especially
some cases related to LTP.

And fujitsu ten has also developed many in-house testcase based on JTA, which
contains tests on kernel, driver, middle ware, API and etc. It will be easier
for us to push these cases to AGL, if JTA is chosen, and help to save AGL
people a lot of effort.

Recently, we have started trying to offer JTA available to work on AGL distro +
porter, and get some cases, of course based on JTA,worked. If any people are
interested in it, we can work together to get AGL test framework ready.

[1]
Currently, two threads talked about test:
1. http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/automotive-discussions/2015-September/000819.html
2. http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/automotive-discussions/2015-September/000822.html

--
Regards