[agl-discussions] Review of Ostro (Intel latest embedded Linux)

Stephane Desneux stephane.desneux at iot.bzh
Tue Apr 5 17:03:55 UTC 2016

Hi all,

In order to understand what could be useful for AGL, we made a quick
analysis of Ostro Project, a new embedded Linux by Intel.

As you may know, Intel published last month a pre-release of their
latest IoT OS named Ostro OS [1]. As AGL, this OS is based on
Yocto/Poky/OpenEmbedded and reuses some security mechanisms used in Tizen.

You may find here [2] the document we published: it gives a quick
analysis of the distribution to determine the models and components that
could be reused in AGL.

It appears from our review that Intel had few nice ideas that could be
very useful for AGL: we hope that this will lead to constructive
discussions in expert groups.

Happy reading !
Stéphane

[1] https://github.com/ostroproject/ostro-os/releases