[agl-discussions] Issues with 1920x1080 screen resolution in Weston 1.9 for Renesas Porter

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Tue Nov 15 11:56:27 UTC 2016

Hi Leon,

[snip]

> > Could you please provide me support and guidelines how to find a generic
> > way to run successfully Weston in full HD resolution from Renesas Porter
> > board on all monitors (of course which hardware supports this resolution)?

[snip]

> From the YBSP/board side I do intend to check what's supported. I'll come
> back on that.

Although the M2 SoC supports 1080p, the M2 Porter board is limited to 1080i
on the HDMI and Analog RGB outputs. I'll update the Genivi ticket.

For M2 Porter therefore please either set the resolution to 1080i or 720p when
using HDMI.

If you need a higher resolution on HDMI/Analog RGB for R-Car boards from Renesas
then you could use H2 Lager in R-Car Generation 2, or H3/M3 in Generation 3.

Regards

Steve