[agl-discussions] Notes of building rust-cross from branch Krogoth of meta-rust

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Sat Sep 17 09:04:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

There is known bug with Yocto/OE recipe rust-cross in the upstream of
layer meta-rust for release Krogoth 2.1 of the Yocto Project.You may
experience this issue while building RVI SOTA client or another
application written in the Rust programming language. The workaround is
to disable all use of the CXX11 ABI through additional configurations in
conf/local.conf. I have added a troubleshooting section to the wiki
article for building AGL. Please have a look at it and the additional
links for more information:
https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/agl-distro/source-code#troubleshooting
https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-240
https://github.com/meta-rust/meta-rust/issues/47

When the issue is resolved in the upstream of meta-rust I will upgrade
AGL and remove the troubleshooting note from the wiki.

Best regards, Leon

--
Leon Anavi
Software Engineer