[agl-discussions] Updates in AGL for Raspberry Pi 2/3

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Mon Sep 26 21:45:57 UTC 2016

Hi Jan-Simon, All,

My investigation shows that the recent build issues with errors like
"split_overlays() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)" or like the one
with SDIMG are caused by a bunch of new commits which were merged in the
upstream of meta-raspberrypi 5 days ago. Some of these changes rely on
oe-core's commit d54339d4b1a7e884de636f6325ca60409ebd95ff which is
present only in the master branch. In the same time Yocto/OE layer
meta-raspberrypi still does not have a  branch for Krogoth. Therefore I
have updated AGL-repo and I set an exact version of meta-raspberrypi
which is known to be OK with the other layers in AGL:
https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/6637

I have also submitted a couple of patches for meta-agl/meta-agl-bsp:

* Yocto/OE recipe libomxil has been removed as a dependency of mesa and
now there is no need to enable flag for commercial licenses:
https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/6639

* The configuration file of layer has been updated to make sure that bb
and bbapend files from meta-agl/meta-agl-bsp/meta-raspberrypi are
included if raspberrypi is in BBFILE_COLLECTIONS. The existing mechanism
that automatically replaces strings from BBFILE_COLLECTIONS in the path
is skipping meta-agl/meta-agl-bsp/meta-raspberrypi because the prefix
meta- is missing. Furthermore I have increased the priority of this
sublayer to 20 because meta-raspberrypi is with priority 9:
https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/6641

There is still a lot of work on AGL for Raspberry Pi. I didn't have
enough time to tests the image with Raspberry Pi 2. Further testing and
integration is required for WiFi and Bluetooth on Raspberry Pi 3 as well
as of the official 7" touch screen display. AGL boots a bit slowly on
Raspberry Pi 3 and occasionally the first boot after flashing the image
to the microSD card is not successful but in this case the consecutive
boots are OK.

My main goal is to test the Yocto/OE recipes for OSTree and RVI SOTA
client on ARM devices. Now the current state of AGL for Raspberry Pi 3
is good enough for me to proceed and focus on these specific tasks.

Best regards, Leon

--
Leon Anavi
Software Engineer