[agl-discussions] mouse ineffective on Raspberry Pi 3's home screen

chengchao.lu chengchao.lu at lge.com
Fri Apr 7 09:04:04 UTC 2017

Hello, AGL

I succeed in building the agl-demo-platform image of Raspberry Pi 3 (the
version tag is chinook_3.0.1). After burn the image to the microSD card and
boot the board, the IVI home screen shows successfully.

However after I connect the mouse, I find that it doesn't work well. When I
click the PHONE icon on the home screen, it shows the click effect on the
PHONE icon, but nothing happens anymore. I try all the clickable area on the
screen but nothing happens. The time updates correctly so that I confirm the
HMI is running.

Where can I get the log of HMI operation and find what is wrong? Or what
modification should I do to make the mouse click work well?

The weston.ini file is as following:

[core]

backend=drm-backend.so

shell=ivi-shell.so

[ivi-shell]

ivi-module=ivi-controller.so,wl-shell-emulator.so

ivi-input-module=ivi-input-controller.so

# HDMI / GeChic

[output]

name=HDMI-A-1

transform=270

# Uncomment for 1080p on GeChic 1502i:

mode=173.00 1920 2048 2248 2576 1080 1083 1088 1120 -hsync +vsync

# official touchscreen over DSI interface

[output]

name=DSI-1

transform=270

p.s. I made no modification of the default weston.ini except the mode line
under output section, since my monitor is 1080p.

Thank you and best regards,

Lu Chengchao