[agl-discussions] [Dev] FOSDEM community event

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Thu Jan 5 00:14:09 UTC 2017

Hi Phil,

Excellent idea! I was also going to propose automotive community meeting
at the evening after the first day of FOSDEM 2017 (4 February).

As far as I remember from the previous events the public transport was
overcrowded and it was not easy to find a taxi on Saturday night during
FOSDEM. Is there any chance to find a nice restaurant on a walking
distance from the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB)?

Btw AGL will be having a stand in the AW building therefore we can meet
there and go together to the restaurant/bar.

Best regards,
Leon

On 4.01.2017 17:54, Philippe Coval wrote:
> Hi every one and Hacky New Year !
>
> I am posting to Tizen, IoTivity and GENIVI, AGL (automotive) lists,
> to announce FOSDEM (the biggest FLOSS event in europe).
>
> Many developers will be there to present respective projects,
>
> Track us at:
> https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/
>
> I was also wondering, if side events are also planned ?
> If not I can propose one:
>
> Tizen community used to have a dinner those past years,
> and many automotive/iot developers were there,
> so I thought it would be fairer and more accurate to rename it
> to something more general like "connected things" ?
>
> As all feedbacks I got were positive,
> I am suggesting to met again a the same place, same Saturday,
> we can also join in a bar too.
>
> Is it a good idea ?
>
> You'll find details on previous editions at:
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/FOSDEM#Community_Dinner
>
> To talk further about it please respond, or join next online meeting
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Meeting
> (2017-01-10 23h UTC)
>
> Or we can define an other time that is better for EU.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/User:Pcoval

Leon Anavi