[agl-discussions] weston-launch: failed to get current keyboard mode

Chaiken, Alison alison at she-devel.com
Sun Jan 8 17:40:25 UTC 2017

Greetings, all.  With some tips from Philippe, I've pulled the fresh
source from the repository and built agl-demo-platform, but I have not
figured out how to get weston to start.

One note is that I put

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " \
     weston-ivi-shell-config \
     "

into my conf/local.conf file as suggested at
https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/subsystem/graphics/weston-ivi-shell?s[]=weston
, but suspect that I did not get the correct /etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini
file in the rootfs anyway.    Unfortunately the link to the sample
weston.ini file at this web page is 404, perhaps because I don't have
access.

I tried 'weston-launch' as root from serial console, but I see
"weston-launch: failed to get current keyboard mode: Inappropriate ioctl
for device".   There is no graphical login screen at which to type the
command even after trying 'systemctl enable weston' and rebooting.   The
serial console is the only VT where a getty is running; is this the
source of the problem?   Should there be a login prompt on one of the
other VTs?  I tried other weston backends and both the default
weston.ini and the one from
meta-agl/meta-ivi-common/recipes-graphics/wayland/weston.ini.ivi-shell,
but both result in the same error.

I also built the i.MX6 image, but I figured thta Qemu would be easier to
get working.    Maybe not?

Thanks for suggestions,
Alison

---
Alison Chaiken                      alison at she-devel.com, 650-279-5600
http://{ she-devel.com, exerciseforthereader.org }
"You shouldn't try to optimize things you can't measure." -- Elecia
White, http://embedded.fm/episodes/170