[agl-discussions] Homescreen does not start...

Hammad Ahmed hammad.ahmed at irdeto.com
Thu Jan 12 16:35:58 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I am seeing similar issues as this thread. Homescreen doesn't start and I just see the AGL logo on HDMI. Maybe someone can help me out. Heres some info:
- Built and running on the porter board (MACHINE=porter) using:
   source meta-agl/scripts/aglsetup.sh -m porter agl-devel agl-demo agl-netboot agl-appfw-smack
- I am building off the chinook branch
- I followed the instructions on the page:
   http://docs.automotivelinux.org/docs/getting_started/en/dev/reference/machines/porter.html
- This is what bootargs_video in u-boot looks like:

=> printenv bootargs_video
bootargs_video=vmalloc=384M video=HDMI-A-1:1024x768-32 at 60

- This is what my weston.ini looks like:

root at porter:~# cat /etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini
[core]
shell=ivi-shell.so

[ivi-shell]
ivi-module=ivi-controller.so

[output]
name=HDMI-A-1
transform=270

- I have a USB mouse connected to the porter board (I remember this was needed...is it still the case?)
- Some systemctl status commands I ran:

root at porter:~# systemctl --user status
Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory
root at porter:~# systemctl status HomeScreen.service
��● HomeScreen.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead)
root at porter:~# systemctl --user status HomeScreen.service
Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

I also noticed that only core-image-minimal is built for porter (https://download.automotivelinux.org/AGL/release/chinook/3.0.0/porter-nogfx/) and no agl-demo-platform. I was just curious why that is?
Thanks for any help.

Hammad Ahmed
Senior Software Developer, Canada
Irdeto
Please visit:  www.irdeto.com

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It can contain proprietary confidential information and be subject to legal privilege and/or subject to a non-disclosure Agreement. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not the/an addressee and are in possession of this e-mail, please delete the message and notify us immediately.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.