[agl-discussions] Raspi can't compile: Can't get CWD

Jan-Simon Möller dl9pf at gmx.de
Mon Jan 23 22:07:34 UTC 2017

Hi !
'pseudo' is a component of the Yocto Project / OpenEmbedded . It is part of
yocto and the bitbake build process depends on it to write files 'as root'
even if you build as user.
This happens through a clever shim layer faking "being root".
There is a server process in involved, that keeps track of the elevated rights
in a database.

In your case the connection to the pseudo database failed.

So you env is the docker container building AGL master or chinook ?

This is not something we can fix in AGL, but need to fix upstream.
It might also be related to docker itself.
Can you try to build w/o docker on a native linux ?

We need to narrow it down and report upstream (Yocto Project or OpenEmbedded).

Best,
Jan-Simon

Am Montag, 23. Januar 2017, 21:59:15 schrieb Blayne.Dennis at elektrobit.com:
> I'm not sure what you're asking. I'm using a docker container that runs the
> AGL yocto build, all running in an Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine (I know
> 14.04 is the recommended).
>
> The only deviation I know of that I have made (aside from using 16.04
> instead of 14.04) is to modify /etc/docker/daemon.json (see
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24991136/docker-build-could-not-resolve-> archive-ubuntu-com-apt-get-fails-to-install-a) in order to allow URL's to
> resolve properly in the docker container

Jan-Simon Möller
dl9pf at gmx.de