[agl-discussions] Clean up the AGL Images

tanikawa.tadao at jp.panasonic.com tanikawa.tadao at jp.panasonic.com
Tue Jan 24 05:13:01 UTC 2017

Hi Ronan,

> a) We have multiple images which not already linked together: for example, agl-image-ivi doesn't relies on agl-image-minimal. As a result, if someone adds a package to agl-image-minimal, it isn't added automatically to agl-image-ivi. The same applies to other images as well.

IMHO you are misunderstanding current structure of recipes for agl images and 'require' should be used for common functions/packages not for resolving dependency. If you want it, it should be 'inherit'.

Original design of agl images are not based hierarchy model. We set common packages between agl-image-ivi and agl-demo-platform into agl-image-ivi.inc and use it from each recipes by 'require' directive, this is the same style of meta-ivi.

There was no design point that agl-image-ivi should depend on agl-image-minimal. So if you want to clean up the recipes, common functions/packages between agl-image-ivi and agl-image-minimal might be stored into agl-image-core.inc or something then 'require' (or 'include') it from both of images.

Regards,
Tadao Tanikawa