[agl-discussions] AGL CES 2017 Wrap-Up Report

Andersson, Gunnar gunnar.x.andersson at volvocars.com
Mon Jan 30 12:00:56 UTC 2017

Hello again

There was no continuation so let me explain my comment so that it is not
taken as only a snide remark:

I only point this out because I think we ought to be able to celebrate each
other's successes, and there is no reason to be misleading, and to give
credit where it's due.

First I can celebrate that the Bellagio showcase was a good event for AGL,
since that is also important for the success of GNU/Linux type
systems, which is also the main technology in GENIVI.   I believe
more and more that those of us who believe in that family of
technology must face current challenges together to succeed.

In this particular case it would neglectful to not recognize the incredible
work done by GENIVI's marketing and event master Mike Nunnery! It should be
clear he deserves the most praise for bringing in so many exhibits and
visitors to the total of 10 exhibitor rooms and for managing to bring 1000
visitors up to the rooms in a safe and manageable way despite fire codes and
other challenges.  New venue and much bigger at the same time = challenge.
In total the showcase grew from 3 suites at Trump Hotel previous years, to
around 10 at Bellagio.

Best Regards,
- Gunnar